top of page
Sat, May 06|
Pier Peer with Puget Sound Estuarium
Registration is closedSee other events
Time & Location
May 06, 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Zittel's Marina, 9144 Gallea St NE, Olympia, WA 98516, USA
About the event
Our May Event is a Pier Peer with Puget Sound Estuarium! This event will be on Saturday, May 6th from 11:30 to 1:30 PM. Registration for this event will open on Monday, April 24th at 9 AM. Like all of TCI's events, this event is free!
Some more details:
- This is for people ages 5 to 21.
- No food or drink will be provided other than water.
- Parents/gaurdians/caregivers can stay with us or drop off.
- The intention of choosing a dock (vs beach) was that it would be fully accessible. However, upon review, the dock is rather steep. For those who are unsteady on their feet or are a wheelchair user, I highly recommend that a parent come to assist with getting onto the dock. Once you are on the dock, it is very steady (it does not move around) and flat.
- You can come at anytime between 11:30 to 1:30 or for the whole time.
- There will be multiple stations set up on the dock and ground, including: nets/buckets to grab sea creatures, microscopes to look at plankton and other creatures, and an ROV (which is basically a fancy remote control boat with a screen to see under water).
- Only participants need to register (not adults).
- Please complete the online form and the PDF (the PDF only needs to be completed once, so if you have attended TCI events previously, you should be good!).
Pier Peer (11:30 - 1:30)
ages 5 to 21
bottom of page